Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Jazz it Up!

I have a dirty secret. Sometimes I bake (Gasp!) from a boxed mix! Ok, so it's not a dirty secret. I love to bake from scratch, but really, who has time for that! So I mostly stick to scratch baking around the holidays. Unless something catches my fancy, like the pumpkin recipes in this month's Taste of Home. (though I think I'll skip the pumpkin and black bean chili, thanks!)

I've learned over the past couple of years that baking from a boxed mix doesn't have to taste like it. And that some brands are definitely better than others, I've had some brownies that taste exactly like the box the mix came in! Will adores muffins, so tonight I took a blueberry muffin mix, added craisins to the mix as well as cinnamon and nutmeg and VOILA! Instant delicous treat, packed with fruit so Bubby doesn't know he's eating something decent. He just thinks it's "Yum, YUM!"

1 comment:

CraftyMomof3 said...

LOL if that's your dirty little secret, I am downright filthy! I make a great brownie that is just a boxed mix with peanut butter & white chocolate chips mixed in. My Aunt Marge's husband Adam eats half the plate! Not going to be on my menu anytime soon, but I can live vicariously through others! :)