Thursday, October 2, 2008

Feeding the Dog

Joey really loves having a child in the house!! Our dog Joey has got to be one of the best-fed dogs on the block. Will leaves a lot of leftovers, things that he loves to devour like macaroni and cheese, grilled ham and cheese sandwiches, hot dogs, chicken nuggets....etc etc etc. He's learned to cherry-pick around the high chair, so Will can toss him Cheerios and blueberries. (Fruit is where Joey draws the line though, he won't touch it.) But yesterday was a different story altogether.

I let Will eat breakfast in front of the TV some mornings while I get ready for work. (and if that makes me a bad Mom, then so be it!) Usually he has toaster pancakes (cay-cakes) and some fruit, like a sliced banana. I went to close our back door and almost stepped on something unusual. Will had apparently decided that he was finished with breakfast and put his plate down on the carpet in the family room for Joey! Joey hadn't found it yet, he was still in bed. (the lazy, lucky dog!) So I intervened and scolded Will, and proceeded to toss the leftover "cay-cakes" in the sink. That's when I realized....it's not really Will's fault. He's probably seen Brian and I giving Joey leftovers after dinner. (well Ok, really it's just me) So I guess we need to break the habit of giving Joey leftovers anywhere besides his food dish. Hope he doesn't go on strike, pack a bag and move in with my parents! They wouldn't mind though, my dad is always trying to steal him!

No comments: