Saturday, October 11, 2008

No Lunch Necessary

Brian starts a new job on Monday, and needs some clothes for said new job. So when he suggested going to the outlets for some new clothes, I knew that he was also going to suggest Cracker Barrel for a Saturday breakfast preceeding the shopping trip. WOOHOO!!!

For most of the year, I'm good about having a small breakfast. Usually cereal and fruit, or a bagel. But once a year usually, we go to Cracker Barrel. At Cracker Barrel, all bets are off. It is simply the best breakfast place in (my) the world!!

First of all, breakfast is served all day. This is a big part of being the best breakfast place! Secondly, they have everything. EVERYTHING. Today I had bacon, eggs over-easy, a small serving of cheesy hash brown casserole, a biscuit covered in gravy, a cup of coffee and I stole a couple of Brian's fried apples. I realize that this is the kind of breakfast a farm hand would eat, and that I am not a farm hand. Nor do I work like one, so breakfast like this is a rare treat, and I look forward to it a little like a kid looks forward to Christmas! Plus, as the title implies, if you have breakfast at Cracker Barrel then no lunch is necessary!

Goodbye till next year, Cracker Barrel.

No comments: