Sunday, October 5, 2008

Restaurant Experience....Spanish Tapas

I went out to dinner with some mamas from Mamas and Munchkins tonight, I had won the drawing to pick our next place and I chose a Tapas restaurant. What a great place! It was a small, intimate setting that wasn't busy at all on a Sunday night. Tapas is Spanish Dining, basically the idea is similar to courses in Italy. Tapas means "little dishes" so you get smaller portions of each type of dish that you choose, and you share with the people at your table. We got a set menu of two appetizers, seven tapas, a plate of paella and two desserts. Sounds like an awful lot of food, but the dishes are very small.

For the appetizers we chose Fried Goat Cheese with Honey and Almonds, and some sort of beef with garlic. The goat cheese was fabulous, being soft and creamy inside, and crunchy and sweet with honey on the outside. Then we chose our tapas, and I can't name them all but they were soooooo delicious! The paella was pretty fantastic too, it reminded me of some of the paella I ate when I was an exchange student in Spain. But of course...save some room for dessert--we had flan and churros con chocolate. Hot, fresh churros....who can resist??

I forgot to mention the sangria....sangria of all kinds! I usually get a white wine sangria but this time I got one with rose wine, limoncello, champagne and fresh raspberries. Oh my goodness!

I think it's safe to say that I can't wait til next month's dinner club!

No comments: