Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Anniversary Pie!

Today is Brian's and my Eighth Wedding Anniversary. (thank you!) Eight years ago, our reception was just winding down. Tonight we will have a quiet celebration at home, with a homemade Chocolate Cream Pie. :) I can't think of a nicer way to celebrate your anniversary than saying it with chocolate!


This particular recipe comes out of "The Joy of Cooking," which we lovingly refer to as "The Bible" in our house. Why the pie? Well, I made a refrigerator pie (it's kind of like quiche, a la Alton Brown) for dinner on Saturday night. One thing about me: I DO NOT roll piecrust. It's the most frustrating thing in the world! I've gotten so flustered, I have rolled up the dough into a ball and tossed it in the trash can. Anyway, the frozen piecrust that I buy always has two to a package and there really is no way to defrost just one. So I usually turn one into a dessert.

This particular pie almost wasn't a reality this time. I almost forgot to bake the crust, so it would've been chocolate filling over a raw, cold crust. Mmm....tasty! (not.) Luckily I remembered, and took a chance on putting the whole thing into the oven. Brian and I agreed that if the crust came out bad, we'd just start dipping spoons into the filling! Luckily it didn't come down to that, it was awesome!

2 comments:

CraftyMomof3 said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toastqueen said...

Oh yay!
Happy anniversary!

I think I'll make anniversary pie next week; good idea!