Next Saturday is our big COOKIE DAY! Can't wait.
Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
1/2 c butter
1/2 c light brown sugar
2/3 c flour
1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 c. rolled oats
5-6 tbsp chocolate spread (or preserves)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350F Grease a large baking sheet. In a bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until creamy.
2. Add egg, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and rolled oats to the bowl and mix well.
3. Using your hands, roll spoonfuls of the mixture into balls. Place the balls on the baking sheet, spacing them far apart to allow room for spreading. Flatten slightly.
4. Dip a thumb in flour and press into the center of each cookie to make an indent. Bake the cookies for ten minutes, leave on the sheet for two minutes and transfer onto wire rack to cool.
5. Spoon a little chocolate spread or preserves into the center of each cookie.