Saturday, November 8, 2008

Peanut Sauce, Take Two

A while ago I made Asian Lettuce Wraps with homemade peanut sauce and they were awesome! I talked so much about them, Hubby wanted to try them. So I made them with rice also because I didn't think it would be enough food for his appetite. I went hunting for the same peanut sauce recipe, but couldn't find it!! Instead I found a better one at allrecipes.com. This one is even easier because you don't cook it, and it's absolutely sinful! We substituted a tablespoon of lime juice for one of the tablespoons of rice vinegar, because rice vinegar is very strong. Like the comment said at the top of the page, it's sauce you want to eat with a spoon:

1/4 c. honey
1/4 c. smooth peanut butter
1 tbsp crunchy peanut butter (Optional, but delicious!)
2 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tsp minced fresh garlic
1 tbsp minced fresh ginger root (I always just use jarred ginger, like Spice World. So much easier!!)
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes

Directions: stir together all ingredients in a small bowl. That's It!!!

2 comments:

Lo said...

Am always looking for a good peanut sauce recipe -- and this one looks like it could be worth a try! Thanks for the tip.

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy, Ginny--do you use a whole tablespoon of the dried ginger, in place of the tablespoon of fresh ginger?