Tuesday, October 14, 2008

There's Nothing Better......

.....than fresh baked goods coming out of the oven!!!! And what better than my favorite fall scent in the kitchen....pumpkin bread! Mmm.....intoxicating with it's pumpkiny cinnamon spicy goodness! I baked two loaves tonight after work, one is a little present for someone and the other one is just for us! (I really wanted to say me, but I will begrudgingly share with Will and Brian.) And do you know what goes really well on warm pumpkin bread? Softened cream cheese. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

The only problem.....I bought three cans of pumpkin puree at the store. (I know that making my own would be soooo much better, but I haven't had the time) Anyway, since I made two loaves, one can of pumpkin wasn't going to cut it. So I had to open the second can, and now I have a bunch left. I read in Taste of Home that one reader mixes a little honey, cream cheese and spices I think into some leftover pumpkin puree for a bagel spread. Now THAT sounds better than just plain butter, doesn't it!

No comments: