Friday, October 3, 2008

Winner!!!

There was an envelope waiting for me one morning on my front porch. I opened it to find a $50.00 giftcard. Thinking it was a gimmick, I just tossed it on the coffee table and headed out the door to work. My husband, being more patient at these kind of things than I am, took the time to read it and discovered that I had won a contest! Only then did I remember that I took a card from the deli counter at the grocery store to enter some sweepstakes. I never really thought that people win these things, but I guess that they do!


So with my winnings, Brian and I had a little "date night" the other night. My sister-in-law offered to babysit while we went out to dinner to celebrate his new job! Since he was "the guest of honor" it was his pick for where we went. He chose Not Your Average Joe's, which just opened not too far from us. I heard the name and thought "Yeah right. This is going to be just like every other chain restaurant I have ever been too!"

Was I ever wrong! Everything is made from scratch and cooked to order. So fresh and soooo good! I had a peach sangria and shrimp and scallop skewers. Brian had mustard crusted chicken and a glass of wine. And then we split a "peanut butter thing" for dessert. The whipped cream wasn't from a can, it was whipped from scratch! The best part? The bill was only $59. So we only tossed in $9 + tip for a great meal. So, if you ever get a chance....check this place out. I doubt you'll leave disappointed!

1 comment:

Alana said...

That's funny, I just bought my parents a fifty dollar gift card for that place, I knew it was good because I've been to the ones in Randolph and Newburyport and both were pretty good, the Newburyport one is sooo nice!(of course) Glad to hear another good rating, knowing my mother she'll invite Jason and I to go even though I got it for their anniversary!!