Sunday, September 27, 2009

Weekend Eats

I planned a lot of cooking this weekend, but I didn't get to all of it.  The best laid plans....right?

Saturday was "National Pancake Day," so we celebrated with a dutch baby.  What's that, you say?  It's a puffy pancake that you cook in the oven in a cast-iron skillet.  They're awesome, especially with strawberry jelly!  Happy Pancake Day from our family to yours.  :)

I made the two loaves of Apple Bread, as well as the apple pie and chili on Friday night.  Then I just petered out....and put off anything else that I felt like making.  The apple bread was the best-smelling apple bread ever!  Such a heavy mix though....you couldn't even pour it from the mixing bowl to the loaf pan.  The apple pie was out of this world!!!  I've made many apple pies, and I still think the one from "The Joy of Cooking" is the best.  It was so good, Brian and I had it with coffee for breakfast this morning.    And the chili was of course great, with plenty of leftovers for Saturday and Sunday lunch.  (I just love a meal with lots of leftovers!) 

So...no chicken soup just yet.  But there's chicken and apple tacos for dinner!

2 comments:

CraftyMomof3 said...

oh chicken and apple tacos sound yummy....

Crafty Mama said...

Yeah.....they are. But I forgot to defrost the chicken and "settled" for dinner out at the 99 instead!