Thursday, September 24, 2009

Banana Muffins

With all of the apple-ing going on, I forgot to mention the banana pecan muffins from over the weekend. 

Brian has taken on the grocery shopping until the baby's born because with sciatica, it's just too much for me to go.  Those hard floors really take it out of me and render me useless for the rest of the day, so Thanks Brian!  :)  Anyway, every week, Brian buys bananas at the grocery store.  And every week, there are two bananas left from the week before.  Now, I hate to waste food.  But a lot of weeks go by and I end up throwing out these hangers-on because I simply lack the energy to bake something with 'em.  I was already moving around the kitchen this weekend like a house afire, so hence the banana muffins.  They're really mild-tasting, not like the banana bread that I usually make.  One thing though--the recipe said that it yields 12 standard size muffins.  Not so...I filled the large muffin pan, and then followed up with 18 mini muffins!  Will was in his glory...he loves mini-muffins!

No comments: