Saturday, September 5, 2009

Burger-Mania!

Neither Brian nor I felt like cooking last night, so we took Will to our favorite burger place...Red Robin!!  They have the best, most original burgers and Will's always up for a burger for dinner.  Though he likes to eat the bun from the top and only gets a bit of meat, but at least he's eating....pick your battles!

It's always hard to choose one from the menu.  I really like their Banzai burger, which has a ring of grilled fresh pineapple.  Or the Mushroom Swiss burger with the roasted garlic sauce, love that one too.  Brian likes the "Royal Red," which has a fried egg on top.  It sounded kind of funky, but I tried a bite once and it is good.  Brian's the one that introduced me to the "Elvis Burger," a burger with only bacon and chunky peanut butter.  At first I thought the idea was disgusting, but don't knock it till you've tried it!

We have NEVER ordered an appetizer or dessert at Red Robin.  The burgers are huge, and the portions of fresh steak fries are phenomenal as well.  But I poked around the menu a little longer last night and saw that they have chili.  Mmmm......I could really go for some chili.  Then I saw it.....a chili burger!  It's served open-faced and you have to eat it with a knife and fork because of how messy it can get.  BAM, Best of both worlds!!!  It was soooooo good but I couldn't eat it all, despite my best efforts.

So there you have it....all three of us happy at the same meal.  Practically unheard of!

3 comments:

Brian Given said...

The Banzai burger pineapple is actually marinated in teriyaki and is excellent. Also I guess we should have waited another day since this morning I received my Red Robin eClub free birthday burger coupon.

asplashofsunshine said...

Juliana entered a contest to create RED ROBIN'S next burger. I guess it was a contest for 7-12 year olds. Her recipe was, "1 veggie burger, ketchup, mustard, and daddy putting it the microwave from a box". She named it, "THE BEST VEGGIE BURGER EVER". I wonder if it will win!

CraftyMomof3 said...

Sounds yummy. We have one a couple of towns over and have yet to get there...but LZ now has a Sonic!