Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Apple Crisp

When picking the apples this weekend, this dessert is what I had in mind.  Now, I had made a peach cobbler over the summer and I just wasn't happy with the biscuit topping.  Too bland!  Here is what I was looking for....sugary, sweet and delicious.



There really is no recipe to post, because I combined two separate recipes.  I will tell you that it contains Cortland apples, flour, brown sugar, lemon juice, pecans and maple syrup.  I also never realized that Cortland apples are so HARD!!  Getting our apple cutter through them was no easy task.  And I really hate peeling apples.  I know it's worth it and all, but it stinks.  It made me lust after one of those "unitasker" devices that you usually see advertised on TV, that cranks an apple or a potato and cores and peels at the same time.  But this house doesn't believe in Unitaskers, thanks to A.B.!

We were pretty full from our dinner of Apple-Stuffed Chicken Breasts, so Brian and I couldn't manage more than a small serving.  And the only ice cream we had in the house to top it was Cookies n Cream.  Interestingly enough, it really added something.  Or maybe that's the pregnancy hormones talking.  :)

No comments: