Friday, September 25, 2009

Ambitious Weekend (to be)

It's Friday!!!! 

All of the applesauce and apple crisp ios gone, so I need to make some more stuff.  Not that that gigantic bowl of apples doesn't look pretty as a centerpiece on my dining room table! 

I asked my friends on Facebook what we should make next and I got some great answers.  One person suggested apple fritters.  Now, I had no idea what an apple fritter was so I went to look it up.  Awesome!  Anything generally fried in butter is good in my book!  My old friend Kathy sent me an apple bread recipe that she swears is out of this world.  It makes two loaves so I'm going to give it a shot tonight and freeze one.  Maybe some more applesauce. (though I'll definitely be peeling the apples this time!)  And we're celebrating both my mom and my dad's birthdays tomorrow, and my dad's absolute favorite dessert is apple pie.  I bought some refrigerated piecrust to make that as well.

Add that to the homemade chili we're going to have tonight (thank goodness the weather is nice and cool for that, FINALLY!) and the soup that I want to make on Sunday, it's going to be an adventurous culinary weekend!

No comments: