Friday, September 18, 2009

In Season....

It's time. 

Another reason for fall being my favorite time of the year....pumpkin!  Ohhhhh how I love pumpkin.  And I know some friends of mine that are hopelessly addicted this time of year.  I made a rare stop at Starbucks this morning, and their pumpkin line is out!  I'd already had my caffeine quota for the day so no pumpkin lattes.  I "settled" for a pumpkin cream cheese muffin.  Awesome!  The pumpkin flavor was so fresh, and the cream cheese filling ...oh!  Happiness.

This weekend we're taking Will to go apple picking.  I know that I went as a little kid but don't remember, so I can call it my "first" too.  I've heard that apple crops are fantastic this year.  When we were at the Woodstock Fair, there was an apple crisp booth.  They were cutting the apples and topping them right there...and it smelled so good.  Had I not already set my sights on a funnel cake, I would've had some. 

Another thing I've liked lately that's "in season" again is soup.  I have not made a homemade soup in a very long time, but I think I might this weekend.  The new Rachael Ray mag is out and there is a fantastic-looking chicken and orzo soup that's calling my name.  I'll let you know how it turns out!

1 comment:

CraftyMomof3 said...

I totally miss the Dunkin Donuts pumpkin donuts too. They had them out here for like two weeks. Ugh! In RI they had them in the stores from the middle of September to Thanksgiving!