Monday, October 18, 2010

Tooting my Own Horn

I made a batch of chili on Saturday night and I have got to say, it's one of the best batches ever.  :)  The difference this time is that instead of just ground beef, I also put chunked-up pork tenderloin.   The rest is just crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, spices, onion and peppers.  In order to have dinner on the table faster, the only accompaniment this time was corn bread fresh from the oven and a blend of cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses.  Brian and I put it in bowls and then crumbled the corn bread over the top, then sprinkled the cheese.  Yum!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cornbread and chilli, my favorite.

adventures in rhode island said...

i second that first comment. cornbread and chili are one of the perfect fall/winter foods. yummmmm