Saturday, October 30, 2010

Stuffed Chicken Breasts

Last Night's Dinner:  Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Goat Cheese.

I love goat cheese, I really do.  It pairs well with nuts like pistachios, and I really enjoy it on crackers and accompanied with grapes.  It makes a roasted veggie roll-up special and it melts nicely into a sauce as well.  So when I had some goat cheese left over from another recipe, I was happy to find something to use it up.

I get a lot of magazines, and I found this recipe in this month's Family Circle. , in an article about quick weeknight dinners.  I'm always game for new weeknight dinner recipes!  They suggested serving it with angel hair pasta and steamed green beans, but I wasn't in the mood for pasta and opted for rice instead.   I really should learn to read ahead, because there was a sauce to sop the pasta in.  Oh well, it went well over the rice too!

  The end result was....eh.  It also called for sun-dried tomatoes, and I guess I'm just not too crazy about those.  They're very sweet and not at all what I think of when having tomatoes.  Brian had trouble with the goat cheese because of the texture.  (He is a texture guy....hating things like cheesecake and beans because they're "mishy."  Sometimes this makes our kitchen adventures challenging.)

Better luck next time, I think!

No comments: