Monday, October 4, 2010

Bad, Pumpkin-Lovin' Dog

Brian made Pumpkin-Molasses Muffins to take to a party yesterday.  It was a fantastic Autumn/Halloween party at our friend Chris and Jenny's house.  Jenny is an avid photographer, and she was taking pictures of all the kids in their Halloween costumes in her beautifully themed yard. 

Anyway, isn't it funny how most pumpkin recipes do not require the use of an entire can of pumpkin?  You always have some left over and what the heck do you use it for?  Brian did a little Google research, and, with the addition of two overripe bananas, decided to make Pumpkin Banana Bread.  I came home from a night out with the Girls on Saturday night and there was a fresh, hot loaf of Pumpkin Banana Bread in the kitchen.  And let me tell you, it was awesome!  I only regret that you can't taste or smell it's rich deliciousness through your modem, Readers.  At breakfast we all had a slice and Will loved it as well.  Brian then wrapped it up with visions of slices every day this week at breakfast.

Alas, it was not meant to be.  For when we returned from said Autumn Party, the loaf was unwrapped and SOMEONE had eaten the entire top!  At first I blamed the preschooler....but after closer inspection I knew who the blame was assigned.  Joey must've climbed up on the kitchen chair and wolfed the goodie.  I'm actually shocked that he left ANY of it, obviously he hasn't been paying attention to the lessons my parent's Labs, Ben and Jerry, have taught him.  Brian and I were so disappointed, Joey was sent to "bed" for the rest of the night. 

So, another time, I'll share the recipe.  For now I'm still bummed and only a slice of this decadence will cheer me up.  :)

No comments: