Saturday, October 30, 2010

Peanut Butter Banana Bread

I'm a little behind on food posts, so let me catch up....

There was a special feature on banana breads in the October Cooking Light, and the Peanut Butter Banana Bread sounded fantastic!  I love a peanut butter banana sandwich, so obviously this would be the best version of that.  Finding myself with a little extra time last Sunday, I started to put it together.  Much to my chagrin, it called for some ingredients I didn't have on-hand.  Whole wheat flour....flaxseed....nope, not in my kitchen.  I'm hoping to change some of that in the near future as I have an appointment with a nutritionist next week.  But---the idea of peanut butter banana bread was already imprinted on my brain, so to my friend Google I go. 

The recipe I ended up going with called for walnuts, but I substituted shelled peanuts to give it extra peanutty flavor.  It was so good, I brought some to work to share.  Will loved it for breakfast, too.  Definitely something I want to make again.

No comments: