Friday, August 14, 2009

The Peach Doesn't Get Away this time....

It happened again! I bought a bunch of peaches to make that pie that I was talking about. I even got some tips from friends on how to keep them from spoiling. Two of them didn't make it, and I ended up being short for the pie. So instead there's a peach cobbler in the oven. I was going to make it peach and raspberry, but the berries got moldy before I could use them, too. (Maybe it's just me!)

The cobbler comes from my favorite cookbook of all time, The Joy of Cooking. I have not made a cobbler in a very long time, but I have to say that they are really, really easy! (Waaayyyyyyy easier than pie. Though I stopped rolling my own piecrust a long time ago, I just get too frustrated. Brian's really good at piecrust, that's why he's in charge of Thanksgiving pies!)

This particular recipe has a biscuit topping instead of a crumb topping. I had never tried making biscuit topping, but I think I like crumb topping better. Crumb is sweeter, while the biscuit topping is more savory. Either way, it still smells awesome as it's baking!



Pitting and slicing, then arranging them into a pan. I'll admit it...a couple of slices didn't make it to the dish. :)

Mixing the biscuit dough. I LOVE my stand mixer, one of the best Christmas presents ever!


Dropping spoonfuls of biscuit dough over the peaches. It doesn't get any easier than this!


The recipe said to bake for 40-45 minutes at 350 degrees. I checked it at 35 and decided that that was "golden brown" enough. Any longer and it would've gone from cobbler to "crisp." (Ha ha)




The finished product!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was at my aunt's house yesterday and a big branch from her peach tree broke....so I have tons and tons of peaches. I'm going to try making a cobbler; you've inspired me!