Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Cake, Oh My!

Anyone who knows me knows that I love to bake. Actually Brian and I both do, especially at Christmas. Our Cookie-Baking Day at Christmas is, to quote Barney Stimson on H.I.M.Y.M, "Legen-DARY!!" Usually I stick to cookies but for the past year I've gotten into cakes as well.

Everyone loves cake. And if someone says that they don't, I'm pretty sure that they're being held against their will and being forced to say CRAAAZY things! Not liking cake...that's like not liking sunshine. Or air.

Anyway, tonight I baked a "Pineapple Inside-Out Cake." The recipe for this one is from "The Cake Mix Doctor" by Anne Byrn. This cookbook is in a word, awesome. Every single cake in there starts from a cake mix. But it certainly doesn't taste like it! They're great to take to a dinner party, or a holiday gathering. We had Coconut Cake for Easter, Chocolate Kahlua Cake for Game Night and the first one we tried, Bananas Foster Cake, as a "Just Because." If you want something fabulous that you made yourself, and time isn't exactly on your side, this is your book.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That pineapple inside out cake looks delicious!! I've always been a sucker for the upside down version. Any chance you'll share that recipe?!?