Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Do you SALSA??

Know what's really good? Homemade fruit salsa. We had it for dinner the other night on top of salmon and it was divine. This salsa had fresh pineapple, tomato, onion, garlic and jalapeno. There's another one I want to try sometime with watermelon. We had some left so we'll serve it with tortilla chips at Tracy's birthday gathering tomorrow night. We'll eat salmon and homemade salsa again sometime, but on a weekend. Because as much as fruit salsa is delicious, it's also a pain to make with all the chopping of fruits and veggies, and watching Will at the same time. And next time I'll get salmon fillets instead of steaks, all those bones!

The zucchini plants in my garden are starting to form the zucchinis. The plants are HUGE. The leaves are almost as big as dinner plates, the wet and wild weather we've had lately is really showing in the size of the stalks and leaves. I'm really wishing now that I had planted some cucumber as well. But there's always next year. :)

1 comment:

Sally HP said...

Hey There! You're so good about commenting on my blog, but I'm bad about leaving comments on others'...so here you go. The BEST fruit salsa is: Mango (cut small-must be fresh:)), jalapenos, lime juice, fresh cilantro. So simple, but SO good...use it on pork, fish, or just with tortilla chips (of course paired with a margarita).