Sunday, February 26, 2012

Salmon and Sweet Potato

Maple-Chili Glazed Salmon, and Roasted Sweet Potato.


The maple and chili flavors in the salmon rub complemented each other nicely, it had just enough kick.  For the sweet potato I just used olive oil, salt and pepper since there was so much going on with the fish.  The menu originally had "baked sweet potatoes" on it but when the potatoes are THIS BIG there's just no way it's a weeknight dinner:


Actual size, a monster of a potato!!  I only cut up one and roasted it for dinner, and it was more than enough for the two of us.   The boys turned their noses at the roasted sweet potato, so I knew what to do with the other one:  I processed and pureed and made it into sweet potato mini muffins.  The boys devoured those for breakfast, and Will even made a suggestion to have "sweet potato smoothies."  Hmmm...I don't know how appetizing that sounds but I'll put on my game face for him.  After all, if he's willing to try it, I should be willing to dish it!

No comments: