Saturday, February 4, 2012

Panko.

Tonight's Dinner:  Panko-Crusted Chicken Strips with Homemade Honey-Mustard-Tarragon Dipping Sauce.  Accompanied by Rice Pilaf and Yes, more Broccolini!




I adore panko.  I haven't had it much, and so far just on chicken and once, Brian made a side dish with broccoli and panko.  It has such a satisfying crunch and is just a bit different from regular old breadcrumbs.  Not that I have anything against breadcrumbs per se, it's just good to change it up once in a while.  I liked the broccolini so much last night I decided that we should have it again.  This time with lemon and garlic. Mmmmmm.  :) 

I did the grocery shopping today, I hadn't done it in months.  When I was first co-habitating with Hubby, I LOVED to do the shopping.  I enjoyed picking out meals, trying out recipes, getting the ingredients, etc etc.  Now I absolutely loathe the grocery store.  Especially on Saturdays.  It's always super crowded and I just want to get the hell out as fast as possible!  So I just have to say again, Brian rocks because he doesn't mind doing it most of the time.

Tomorrow is the Super Bowl, Pats vs Giants.  So we are heading to my parent's house for the big game, and spending time with them, as well as my brother, sis-in-law and niece.  There is sure to be good food there, I believe we're doing a sandwich buffet and THEN a make-your-own-sundae bar!  :)  And tomorrow afternoon, I'm working on one of the food items on my "100 Things list" so stay tuned.

No comments: