Friday, April 2, 2010

Try Thai

Here's something exciting--there's a new Thai restaurant in town!  The local Qdoba closed...no big surprise since it was about a block away from Moe's Tacos and Burritos (excellent!), Taco Bell and Chipotle Grill.  For my last day of freedom on maternity leave, as I was doing errands and running around, I found myself in their parking lot.  I decided to treat myself, thinking that the meal that I would order would probably be about the same price as the Panera sandwich that I was considering.

It's a small place, but classy-looking.  The menu is typical Thai, with curries, appetizers, Thai Iced Tea and a whole page of vegetarian options.  (Something to keep in mind the next time one of my handful of vegetarian friends is in town!)   I ordered the Masaman Chicken Curry....chicken, potato, carrot, zucchini in curry sauce with ground peanuts.  Awesome!  I savored every bite.  And when the bill came I was indeed correct, the same price as that sandwich and I got something so delicious and satisfying.  I did however, forget to get a take-out menu.  I have a feeling that this is somewhere that we'll order from again and again!

No comments: