Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Perfect Party

I'm very proud of myself.  Sean was baptized over the weekend, and we had the reception at the house afterwards for about 25 people.  Usually I stress to the gills over parties, rushing around cooking like a madwoman and cleaning my house.  (Yeah, because my party guests are going to critique our cleaning skills.)  I didn't freak out, and I didn't cook.  That's right, I didn't cook.  I ordered deli platters, a cookie tray, a small sheet cake and enough soda, beer and wine to fill two coolers in my kitchen.  I didn't agonize over what to make, and I didn't end up with tons of leftovers, just a small bag of leftover sandwiches and a little cake.  It was perfect, and I had as good a time as everyone else without obsession.  Hooray!

1 comment:

adventures in rhode island said...

that is SO true. it takes so much unneeded stress off when you order things and you actually get to enjoy people's company. especially for that many people! glad the party was fun!