Sunday, January 17, 2010

Cinnamon-y Goodness

Ever since I saw a recipe recently for cinnamon rolls, I've been DYING for some!  Obviously, this wasn't something that I could eat (and feel good about) until recently.  Now that Sean's here, the idea of rolling out dough for cinnamon rolls, letting it rise, etc etc, is daunting to say the least!   So in order to satisfy this craving, Brian brought home a Cinnabon box mix from the local warehouse store the other day.

First of all, the box is HUGE!  There is enough mix to make either 36 muffins, 16 scones or two coffee cakes.  No way could we make 36 muffins disappear before they went stale, and I'm not wild about scones, they're awfully dry.  So Brian turned out a coffee cake the other day.  (What a guy!)  It was delicious and JUST what I was looking for!  Cinnabon box mixes are awesome in my book.

Of course...I have bookmarked the roll recipe for another time when life isn't so chaotic.  :)

1 comment:

adventures in rhode island said...

oh my goodness, i am SO with you on the cinnamon roll thing. i have never made them either, but they are on the list. i flippin' LOVE those things! i saw that mix on BJ's last time i was there and almost got it! now i might have to pick it up next time i am there :)