Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Blast from the Past

I love soda.  Especially Coke.  I used to be terribly addicted to soda, in college I had an insatiable Diet Coke habit.  I don't know...I started drinking it at an office I was temping at and next thing I knew, I was drinking a twelve-pack every day.  (Say it with me:  Wow that's a lot of Nutrasweet!)  The first thing I did every morning was buy a can from the dorm vending machine, and it was the last thing I'd sip at night.  Judging from my sleep habits back then, the caffeine was what was keeping me up and running at all times.  Imagine the headache from no caffeine when I gave it up cold turkey!  (I'd never do that again)

I wasn't always a Coke fan though, I grew up in a Pepsi household.  I had lost my taste for it though, because at some point Pepsi changed their formula to corn syrup and it just had this aftertaste.  So when I started seeing commercials for the "new" Pepsi Throwback (available for a limited time!) I knew I just had to try some.  It's essentially the old Pepsi, made with sugar.  And man, is it delicious!  I could very easily get addicted to soda once again.  No icky aftertaste, just fizzy deliciousness.  Part of me hopes that it sells so well that they'll leave it on the supermarket shelves, but the rest of me is apprehensive.  I've lost eighteen pounds since I gave birth to Sean (having only gained 14, I'm pleased!) and I'm trying to use that as a jumpstart to lose more. Still, an afternoon can for a little caffeine buzz to counteract the sleep deprivation of going to bed at 5AM with Sean every day isn't so bad.....right??  :)

1 comment:

adventures in rhode island said...

absolutely!! and think of all the extra calories you are burning just staying up all those extra hours!! totally deserved :)