Saturday, January 2, 2010

Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars

I'm in looooove with that new cookbook featuring 9x13 pans! 

I belong to a playgroup here in the area, and one of the things that they do is get volunteers to bring a meal to fellow moms who've just had a baby.  I signed on to bring a meal to someone the next town over, and I am going to make my Mexican Chicken and Rice.  I've made it hundreds of times, but people always like it and it feeds a crowd.  Since I know that the mom had gestational diabetes, I decided to pick out a dessert out of the new cookbook that would celebrate her no longer being diabetic. 

Man, these Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars will certainly fit the bill!!  They have a cocoa and graham cracker crust, and then layers of chocolate and peanut butter.  Sinful, decadent....I don't dare try them.  I sneaked a taste of the peanut butter filling and that made me happy enough.  I mean.....two sticks of butter, 2 1/2 cups of peanut butter, a cup and a third of semisweet chocolate AND three cups of confectioner's sugar??? 

However, I may request them the day after the baby is born!  :)

1 comment:

CraftyMomof3 said...

Yum I love your Mexican Chicken and rice!