Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Ones that Get Away...

Ever have something out that you would never make at home?? Well, every time I go to a restaurant I try to pick things off the menu that I normally wouldn't make. I got to have two of those things this weekend: Chicken Marsala and Sushi. Not at the same time, of course.

Chicken Marsala is one of my favorite things on this planet. I've had it many different places, and some are better than others. I've never made it because I'm afraid of screwing it up and if I ended up making it really well I would want it all the time. So really, it's for self-preservation. Marsala wine sauce and mushrooms....oh it's so good. I know it's terrible for me. But sometimes I just don't care.

I absolutely LOVE sushi. I know that sushi is really popular now with lots of sushi restaurants springing up--but I loved it even before it became popular in the grocery store. One of Brian's and my favorite dinner stories was one night on Restaurant Row, pulling up a seat at the sushi bar and ordering platter after platter. Not knowing what exactly was IN all of those rolls but loving all of it. I would NEVER attempt sushi at home, because it's so good out. And I just can't get the quality of fish that the sushi places can get.

Now that I've mentioned it, I'm headed to eat the leftover Chicken Marsala from last night. And I'm really psyched up for it!

1 comment:

Nicole R. said...

Chicken marsala's my favorite too. However, I do occasionally try to make it at home & it's never as good as getting it out. I'm horrible at seasoning things! The best I ever had was at some random restaurant near my friend's old house like 45 minutes from me, so I'll never have it again. Boo hoo!