Sunday, March 22, 2009

Garden Time?!

Now that Spring is officially here (albeit only two or three days old) it's time to start thinking about the Garden. I'm thinking this way despite the still partially-frozen ground, as it doesn't hurt to be prepared.

I definitely want to expand this year, but I've learned a few lessons. For one thing, THIN OUT THE ZUCCHINI PLANTS. That puppy was a monster last year!! I've also decided not to grow green beans this year. Instead, I think I'll go with tomatoes, zucchini, cucumber and maybe peppers. Also, this year I'm going to grow an herb garden in a window box. I'm certainly going to plant some basil, as there's nothing as delicious-smelling (herb-wise) as the perfume of fresh basil. :) And now that I have a food processor, I'm anxious to try to make some fresh pesto that doesn't turn into a mess!

Anyone got some other suggestions for easy things to grow?

No comments: