Saturday, March 26, 2011

Puffed Apple Pancake



Hubby was very kind to my sick butt today...he let me sleep in!  When I got out of bed at a leisurely 9:30am, I found that not only was the coffee ready, but there was a Puffed Apple Pancake in the oven.

What exactly is that?  Well, let me tell you......it tasted like a dutch baby and an apple pie got married.  Empire apples gave it a really tart taste, with sweet pancake-y goodness around it.  One slice per person, since it wasn't the healthiest thing on the planet.  (Sometimes you just have to splurge though)  This thing was AWESOME.

Tomorrow I'll tell you about our fabulous Saturday afternoon date, with dinner at a local restaurant that it's a crying shame we've lived here so long and never tried!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you were sick, but maybe it's worth it if hubby treats you like that! :) YUM!