Saturday, March 12, 2011

Biscotti, Anyone?

I fondly remember my first taste of biscotti.  It was horrifying....I bit into it and had to check to see if I lost a tooth!  Nobody had told me to first dip it into coffee, for when I did that a biscotti lover was born.....

Biscotti are definitely one of my favorites.  However, I don't indulge all that often, for they're a bit of a trigger food for me.  One dip and I could eat the plate.  However, Brian felt like baking and when he suggested biscotti, I couldn't resist agreeing right away!

Cranberry Pecan Biscotti.....with some surprising ingredients.  For example, this recipe has corn bread mix in it.  And lemon zest.  However, they smell absolutely heavenly coming out of the oven.

Can't wait to have one (or two) with my first cup of coffee tomorrow.  :)

1 comment:

adventures in rhode island said...

umm, yes, i would like some! dude, you're killin' me. i'm sitting here starving and those look awesome! you are going to have one fantastic morning coffee tomorrow! yummmmmmmmm!