Monday, November 30, 2009

Quick Weekend Sandwich

This past weekend was full of hustle and bustle that only the Holiday Season can bring!  Sunday afternoon I knew that I needed to eat something before trekking to Walmart with Will.  (Especially if I didn't want a repeat of the low blood sugar episode from the day before...but I did get to have a glass of juice because of it)  Open the fridge.  Stick my tongue out at everything in there.  Open it again, hoping something new has materialized inside, just to be disappointed that nothing has.  That trick never works!! 

Time to get creative.  So I sliced up a Golden Delicious apple and some leftover onion from the beef stew cooking on the counter.  Sauteed them together on medium heat with a little cooking spray.  I added a sprinkle of cinnamon, dash of rosemary and a spoonful of minced garlic.  Lastly, I sliced up the remainder of the Thanksgiving white meat turkey and added it to the pan at the end, since it just needed to be warmed a little.  Threw the whole mix onto a flour tortilla and topped with Monterey Jack cheese.  Oh my God!!!!  Not only did it come together quickly, it was sooooooo good!  I was wishing that there was more when the sandwich was finished.  If only all spontaneous kitchen creations were this good.

No comments: