Friday, April 17, 2009

Lunch on the Fly

I was doing some errands at lunchtime today, and didn't have time to sit down for a real lunch. (That seems to happen these days, but oh well) Anyway, I stopped in a new chain restaurant called Chipotle with the intention of picking up something to-go that I could eat at my desk and still toil at my computer.

I walked in not expecting much. After all, Chipotle is in the same neighborhood as one of my favorite taco places, Moe's. Moe's is fabulous! It's a funky tex-mex joint where everyone that works there yells "Welcome to Moe's" when you walk in, and they have thick queso and fresh fried nacho chips to dip into it. But I was pleasantly surprised with Chipotle. Their menu is really simple: you pick a meat (or roasted veggies) and tell them if you want it made into quesadillas, fajitas, tacos or a bowl. I got a bowl of barbecoa (barbecued, shredded beef) over cilantro rice, pinto beans, roasted corn salsa and cheese. They also had steak, carnitas (pork) and chicken. It was really, really good! I asked for medium salsa, and it was pretty smoky with a fair amount of heat. And they have the chips and guacamole too. I'd definitely go back there, it was a pleasant Tex-Mex experience.

1 comment:

CraftyMomof3 said...

We have those out here...Scott tried it when we first came out here. I really like it, but the guac is a little spicy for me and Trevor.