Wednesday, February 4, 2009

This Cake ROCKS!

Someone brought this cake down to the office yesterday for the office staff to share. All I can say is OH. MY. GOD!! This cake is soooooooo good. A luscious, velvety chocolate cake, with creamy coconut and walnut filling and finished off with a thick fudge-y frosting. Simply to die for! I brought home a piece for Brian to try, because I know how much he adores chocolate and coconut together. It took all of my willpower for that slice of precious cake to make it home!!

This is not my recipe. I can't lay claim to it in any way. And you eat at your own risk...I am not responsible if you take a bite, then suddenly snap to attention an hour later only to discover you have eaten the entire cake!! And when you make this recipe remember....calories be damned! :)

Chocolate Mound Cake (by Dot)

1 c. chopped nuts
1 c. coconut
1 stick butter or margarine
1 8oz cream cheese, softened
1 box powdered sugar
1 German Chocolate Cake mix
Can of chocolate frosting (or your own recipe)

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9x13 pan. Mix nuts and coconut, spread into bottom of cake pan. Make cake mix according to the directions on the box. Pour into pan over nuts. Melt butter and cream cheese, and whisk together with the box of powdered sugar. Pour sugar/butter/cream cheese mix evenly over the cake. Bake 40-45 minutes. After cake is cooled, frost with the chocolate frosting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made this cake tonight and it is 'to-die-for'. Yum !!! Thanks for sharing... Tricia's Mom

Anonymous said...

This cake is great! I left off the chocolate frosting, as it was rich enough, but yeah, I think the whole thing will disappear today!
Thanks for sharing!