Wednesday, February 25, 2009

That's a Wrap

I'm a bit of a sandwich snob. I had a lot of ham and cheeses on plain wheat bread growing up, and I only started to appreciate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in the last few years. (I'll take mine on toast, with strawberry preserves and crunchy peanut butter, please.) So it's little wonder that I don't take a sandwich to work everyday. I usually rely on leftovers from the night before, or in a pinch, a Lean Cuisine.

I guess I'm sick of the leftovers route, and I KNOW I'm dreadfully tired of the Lean Cuisine. (Which isn't so much cuisine as it is frozen food that often tastes like the box its packaged in) I did find a pack of wraps at the deli last week, and decided to play around with them. I stir-fried some cabbage, carrot, garlic and ginger marinade and chicken together and made an awesome sandwich. And today I served it up with chicken salad with pecans and dried cranberries, topped with a few goat cheese crumbles. Mmmm....not your average lunch! Hooray for innovation!

No comments: