Thursday, February 5, 2009

Stick with the Original!

We've been eating an incredible amount of junk lately. With both Mom and Dad putting in extra hours at work, well....most nights Mom and Dad are just too tired to put any thought into dinner. Will still eats like normal, but we have been lapsing into takeout mode for many nights in the last few weeks. I keep menus stashed in a cute takeout box that I got at Christmas Tree Shops a long time ago, and I've seen it a lot! Brian and I did make blueberry pancakes one night, but dinner was at 9:30! The only exception were the soft pork tacos that he made tonight, which were great.

Anyway, I don't find myself to be a half-way kind of person. Either I don't do something at all, or I go whole hog. Since we've been eating a lot of crap for dinner (chinese takeout, burgers from the 99, pizza, etc...) I crave junk during the day as well. So when I found myself pumping gas at a Mobil on the Run today, I thought nothing of going in and perusing the snacks. I found it hard to choose between Hostess Cupcakes and this new kind of Dorito, "Sweet and Spicy Chili." I ended up leaving with the doritos and three bags of mini Chips Ahoy. (Ask my co-workers, I'm nothing if not generous!)

Anyway....I don't know why I allowed myself to get sucked into buying the Doritos. Anything other than the original, stain-your-fingers-orange nacho cheese, really aren't good. I'm not advocating Doritos as something people should always buy, but why do the folks at Frito-Lay have to constantly re-invent themselves? Chili Lime, Monterey Jack, Fire Chips??? And if I want to taste buffalo wings with blue cheese dressing, I won't be looking for Doritos to satisfy this craving. I'll be hunting for wings!!

We honestly have too many choices when it comes to Doritos, and none of them are really that great. I just want to keep it simple!

No comments: