Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Picky, Picky

Lately I've added recipes and cooking tips....but I haven't said anything about feeding a toddler. How's it going? Not the greatest!

Will is like most toddlers, very into carbs, like mac n cheese and grilled cheese sandwiches. He hates most pasta, will SOMETIMES eat a chicken nugget, and is painfully particular about fruits but despises most veggies. He will eat green beans and carrots once in a blue moon. He loves bananas and blueberries, and will eat a bit of cut-up apple. No melon, strawberries or peaches, which I thought he would gravitate towards because they're so sweet.

Then there are some nights, some nights that he won't eat ANYTHING I put in front of him. Tonight is one of those nights! He didn't want the spaghetti-os or the green beans....but did munch on a cereal bar. I actually used these words..."Hey Will, this isn't a diner." Aughhhh!

I know that it will eventually get better, and maybe he'll eat another meat besides the occasional cut-up hot dog. (And calling that meat is pushing it at best!!) I know that I have to try, try, try again. But I miss the baby who would eat spoonful after spoonful of baby food, regardless of flavor!

2 comments:

Sally HP said...

Argh! I feel the pain on the picky eaters...we have two options right now for the main course; chicken nuggets or pbj. Surprisingly enough, he's never liked mac and cheese...probably the only toddler alive not to.

Thanks for all the comments on my site!

Alana said...

Random, but I wonder if he;d like the chicken and apple sausages I bought at Big Y they are by a brand called Al fresco. I guess they have maple syrup in them too! Yum!