Thursday, July 17, 2008

First Harvest!






The garden is growing quickly, and I have the fruits of my first harvest! I have one perfect red tomato, two big zucchini and a whole bunch of green beans. There's more beans out there, but I didn't want to pick them before we could eat them. I actually was afraid the beans wouldn't make it, because of the bunny population helping themselves. (Hey, they need to eat too!) I already know that the tomato is getting sliced on a burger tonight, but no plans for the zucchini just yet.




I'm so excited! After all this time, I finally have a green thumb, and have the pictures to prove it! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ginny Girl! Next year try planting marigolds and mint around the perimeter of your garden. I do that, and though our yard has no shortage of bunnies, they leave my fruits and veggies untouched! :)