Monday, July 7, 2008

Lunch Options and "Restaurant Row"

My weeks have been pretty busy lately and the summer is quickly passing me by. This week is no exception.

I had no energy to create leftovers last night for lunch today, like I usually do. So today is Plan B straight from the freezer, a Lean Cuisine.

Most frozen meals have no right to call themselves so. They don't taste much like they're supposed to, usually the "Sweet and Sour Chicken" tastes exactly like the "Lemon Pepper Fish" and so on. This one wasn't too bad though. It was from the Lean Cuisine Spa collection, and it was salmon with brown rice and vegetables. The salmon tasted like salmon, though not GOOD salmon! But, it stopped me from buying lunch at one of the many lovely Italian eateries in this section of the city. It won't hold my hunger for long though...frozen dinners never do!

Speaking of this city......I work on a street that I have fondly nicknamed "Restaurant Row." This area of town is known for it's restaurants, bakeries and eating and drinking establishments. Everything is predominantly Italian. The people, the food, the culture. Italian, Italian Italian! You want pastries? A big plate of spaghetti? Good pizza? An Italian sandwich as fat as they come? This is the neighborhood. And the bakeries.....oh the bakeries! Italian cookies galore! If you're not in the mood for Italian fare, there's other options. There's a sushi place, a hot dog haven and four old, established diners less than a mile from where I sit. No wonder I have to work hard to plan lunch every day, I'd go broke!

2 comments:

adventures in rhode island said...

Restaurant Row sounds fabulous! I am addicted to italian cookies ever since John's parents brought us a HUGE plateful from this bakery in Brooklyn. They were AWESOME. I won't even tell you how many I consumed. We're talking breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks.....

Anonymous said...

You've convinced me! I'll have to stop by sometime when I'm doing the kids' run. Sometimes it is CT and back and others it is meeting at the Comfort Inn at exit 25B...