Sunday, May 4, 2008

Order's Up! Why Blue Plate Special?

Those who know me, know I like to cook. Those who know me also know I like to eat. My motto might as well be "Love to Eat, Hate to Move." (Which I am working on!)

I believe that variety truly is the spice of life. Like many people, I often get stuck in a "food rut" and seem to put the same things for dinner on the table over and over. I like to experiment with food and try new recipes. It's nice sometimes to put together something yourself with what you have on hand. Some people have called my cooking "fancy" but really, it's just something different from the everyday.

At one point in my life I was bitten by the culinary bug. After graduating from college I discovered that not only did I enjoy being in the kitchen, I enjoy creating and sharing with friends and family. I don't believe in just saving the truly tasty morsels of life for special occasions like the holidays, that every day is something special! Also, everything in moderation is a good way of life. I don't restrict foods in my diet, marking things like butter and milk and those dreaded CARBS on a List of Taboo Ingredients.

I'm not only a cook wanna-be, I am also a mom. I'm trying to pass on a healthy ideal to my child(ren) about food and raise kids that are willing to try new foods. I see so many kids that will just eat kid-friendly food, and I want to expand what the meaning of "kid-friendly" is.

I am open to trying new things, and experiencing food not only with my mouth but with my mind. Sounds hokey, I know. But join me and we will exchange ideas and fun things, in short PLAY with our food!

No comments: