Sunday, June 5, 2011

Never Met a Scone I Didn't Like......



There's this old breakfast cookbook that I've mentioned on my blog before.....we refer to it when we want to make something special for breakfast and have time to wait for it.  Today's Special Thing:  Oatmeal Raisin Scones!

Scones are an English pastry, and they're usually more savory than sweet.  They have a biscuit-like texture,  and the sweetness comes from what you put in them, usually,  (I really like dried cranberries, with a little squeeze of orange juice or orange zest.)

Breakfast ended up being more like brunch today, with the scones, scrambled eggs, bacon and breakfast potatoes.  A nice leisurely pace, and everything was delicious.

However...I thought that the scones would be a home run with the Big Kid.  Not so much.  In fact, my little Bread Aficionado flat-out refused to try them at first, and then pronounced them "disgusting."  (his favorite adjective.)

Oh well.  More for me, more for Brian and more for Brian's co-workers tomorrow!

No comments: