Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day Feast

It's a tradition to spend Father's Day down at my parent's cottage in Connecticut.  We usually have a big cookout, gifts and summer activities.  This year's put every previous year's to shame:  we had ribs! 

Mmmm.....ribs.  Mom got the Lloyd's ribs that come pre-basted with barbecue sauce, all you have to do is wrap them in foil and cook them on low.  Ribs from scratch are quite a production, they take like three hours on the grill.  You also have to be careful with what you use for seasoning, too much spice will render them inedible.  So this was the perfect, easy meal for our growing family.  Rounded out by potato packets, salad, coleslaw and fresh corn on the cob.  Dessert was blueberry or apple pie, and cupcakes for the kids.  (And my brother, a kid at heart.) 

Happy Father's Day to my dad, my husband, and the dad-to-be, my brother! 

No comments: