Monday, May 2, 2011

Pork Woes

Why is it when you want to buy a pork tenderloin, you can no longer buy a plain one??  Yes, I shop at the same grocery store weekly but I've been to others and there's not a plain pork tenderloin to be had.  All of them come pre-seasoned:  peppercorn, teriyaki, italian seasoning...I've even seen mushroom.  Yes, this seems like a huge convenience for the at-home cook, but the end result tastes so salty!  I'd much rather flavor my own, perhaps with mustard or rosemary and garlic. 

Ok, I'm stepping off my soapbox now.

1 comment:

adventures in rhode island said...

YES! i hear you. so much better when you season it yourself. i LOVE pork tenderloin. i usually only use salt, pepper and garlic and it's sooo good, even with that simple seasoning. good luck finding it, they sell out a lot, especially on sale.