Friday, May 20, 2011

Chicken: It's What's for Breakfast

Sometimes on Thursdays, I get lunch out with my coworkers.  We order in, and someone goes to pick it up from somewhere on "Restaurant Row."  I love their smokehouse chicken sandwich:  chicken, bacon, roasted red peppers, onion and chipotle mayo on sourdough.  The sandwich is waaayyy too much for me to eat in one sitting, so I take half home.

Last time, I had a lot of leftovers in the house and it was looking like it was going to be a busy day so I might not get to eat the leftover sandwich after all.  To that I say nonsense!  I had it for breakfast.  And something interesting happened:  I wasn't hungry until lunch.  Most days I'm foraging for a snack around 10am or ready to eat my desk by lunchtime.

So today I salute the morning with a half a Smokehouse Chicken Sandwich.  Nontraditional....and delicious.  Happy Friday!

No comments: