Friday, April 8, 2011

Flaky Beef Turnovers

I got two cookbooks out of the library the last time I was there, I like to do that once in a while to mix it up.  One of them was a Gooseberry Patch "Homestyle Favorites."

I have never, ever been disappointed in a Gooseberry Patch cookbook, they have great meals!  We tried the Flaky Beef Turnovers the other night.  Basically they were flaky pastry filled with steak and potato.  Wow!!!!!!! Sean loved them, but Will ended up having yogurt and fruit.  I enjoyed mine, and Brian had two.  However, the only thing I would have to disagree with was that the recipe was listed in the "Weeknight Favorites" section.  Any night that you have to wait for pastry to defrost and then roll out and fill=not a weeknight dinner in our house!

Next up:  Turkey and Rice Casserole on Sunday.

No comments: