Sunday, February 14, 2010

Say It with Sweets

Happy Valentine's Day!

Valentines aren't a huge deal in our house.  We exchange cards, get something small for the Big Kid, and that's about it.  I had the idea of making some sweets to enjoy with my Sweets this year. 

I had every intention of making the fabulous Alton Brown cinnamon rolls that my friend Shannon made up a couple of weeks ago and blogged about.  But yesterday was just bedlam so I didn't have the time to prep them, and let them sit in the fridge overnight to be baked today.  The best of intentions....Instead, Brian came home with two cans of refrigerated cinnamon bun dough!  Sweet, hot, delicious....what more can you ask for?  It's still an act of love, even if they're not homemade!

 

Tonight's dinner will be simple:  broiled salmon, brown rice and baked asparagus.  It's dessert that will be fabulous, as I've picked out a Warm Chocolate Pudding Cake from my new Cake Doctor cookbook!  It's chocolate cake with a brown sugar topping, that you top with ice cream and serve warm in bowls.  I'll start baking it soon, and it'll be the treat of the day!  Can't wait to sink my spoon into that chocolatey goodness.  Mmmmm.....:)

No comments: