Thursday, December 10, 2009

Cider Vinegar Chicken

It appears that after putting this on our menu for two straight weeks and not making it, that we are ready to try some new recipes again.

This one is out of Rachael Ray's 365: No Repeats cookbook.  I came home from massage therapy (damn pregnancy-induced sciatica!)  and smelled this at the door.  Immediately my mind was confused....it smelled very strongly of vinegar, and I originally thought it was meatloaf.  Realizing it was chicken when I walked into the kitchen, my heart sank.  With that much vinegar (which I like) the flavor was bound to be too strong.

Wrong!!  This chicken was perfect.  Very moist, light vinegar taste, and had the BEST onions smothered in with it.   They were sauteed with honey.  I'd never put those two ingredients together on my own but man, were they good. 

This one is definitely a keeper.  :)  Looking forward to leftovers tomorrow!

No comments: