Sunday, May 10, 2009

Makin' Kabobs

We have an overabundance of kabob skewers in our house. Wooden, metal.....we have a plethora. So I soaked some long wooden ones (to keep them from catching fire during the grilling process) and we had a Chicken Kabob Night recently. They're really easy, and they can use up all that produce just sitting in the fridge. The chicken was marinated in italian dressing, and I chopped up baby red potatoes, green and yellow peppers and zucchini. The only thing I'd do differently is to parboil the potatoes first, just a little bit. They were really hard to skewer!





We love kabobs around here. Steak, pork, even shrimp and scallop! Alton Brown has an entire episode of "Good Eats" dedicated to kabob-making and someday I want to try to make his dessert kabobs! I'm sure that Brian will be on board with this. :)

No comments: